Everyone is fond of Facebook Marketplace, where people can buy and sell items in their local area. It is accessible through the Facebook mobile app and website. The Marketplace has an easy-to-use search function where users can either search for what they want or add items that they are looking to sell.
Facebook launched the Marketplace in 2016 and it immediately became a popular platform for selling things to local buyers. When selling locally, Facebook Marketplace is a safer and more user-friendly tool to use.
Facebook has a platform through which people can sell directly to the public and allow sellers to accept payments. Sellers are paid between 30 to 70 percent of what they sell. Sellers can also use Facebook to promote their products, and they can choose from a selection of different kinds of ads, and track the results of those ads. For example, sellers can choose to use paid, organic or promoted ads.
The Marketplace also has groups where buyers and sellers can congregate and interact. The groups are based on interest, location, or other criteria. The Marketplace is also an excellent way to sell your old items to make some money for yourself. This is an excellent way to get rid of unwanted items that are taking up valuable space.
Also, it is a good way to try something new, such as selling items on Facebook. One of the most popular items on Facebook is used items, such as electronics, gadgets, toys, books, etc. The other option is new items, which is used as items that are not yet available as new items. One of the great things about the Marketplace is that it can target ads to local people and target people in the specific categories that you create.
What can you sell and buy in Facebook Marketplace?
You can find a room for rent/sell.
If you have just moved to a new town like Fort Collins or Minnesota, then the Facebook marketplace can be a decent resource for finding rooms for rental. However, it’s always a challenge figuring out compatibility with strangers.
You can also search on “CSU Sublets” specially dedicated special Facebook groups for Renting Housing, Rooms, Apartments etc in Fort Collins. Additionally, you can also take help from the subreddit r/Fortcollins.
You can buy an old Car/sell.
The Facebook Marketplace is popular for Car selling and buying. Facebook Marketplace is an excellent place for finding the greatest price on a used car or profitably selling one. The Facebook Marketplace Car section contains all new and used models of vehicles and trucks that you may be interested in purchasing.
Note for Buyers: Beware of Cheap cars, since the seller may use such tactics to guarantee that their listing appears first in the Facebook marketplace search results. So, if you find a price tag that is lower than the market price, proceed with care.
You can buy an old Bike/sell.
If you are looking to find an inexpensive bike, Facebook Marketplace Fort Collins is right place to look for. The Facebook marketplace has a decent variety of bikes with cheap pricing. There are a few seller groups for the Fort Collins area you could check out.
You can buy Kids Toys/sell
The Marketplace is a great place to get expensive or used toys for your kids at a very dirt-cheap price. You get all kinds of stuff and toys for different ages of children’s
You can buy Furniture/ sell
So if you have recently moved in new town like Fort Collins or Minnesota, then you can search furniture or else anything at Facebook Marketplace Minnesota or Fort Collins. If you are moving out from your hometown then you can easily sell your furniture or other house stuff easily on Facebook Marketplace.
Organise a Garage Sale
Facebook Marketplace has become a new popular place for organizing Garage Sale or buying stuff from nearby Garage Sale.
It is amazing to see how the Garage sale has been evolved and finds its dedicated place on Facebook Marketplace.
Facebook Marketplace is not only limited to buying and selling things but also getting different services like Cleaner, Mechanics, Engineers etc. for various purposes.
Facebook Marketplace Prohibited items
Facebook maintains a list of items that are not allowed to be sold on Marketplace. These items include:
- Adult products or services.
- Digital media and electronic devices.
- Event tickets.
- Gift Cards.
- Healthcare items (thermometers, first-aid kits, etc.).
- Illegal, prescription or recreational drugs.
- Tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Unsafe supplements.
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
You can learn more about it on Facebook. More than 800 million individuals use Marketplace each month to explore, buy, or sell things as of October 2018.
What Things to know before buying?
- Know the product in brief before buying like – ask for different angles pictures, ask all related information & document about the product etc.
- Check the Seller profile for Authentication. If the seller’s profile is old enough, go ahead. If it isn’t, then don’t because there are some sellers who create a new profile solely to commit fraud and then vanish without leaving any trace or delivering the merchandise after getting paid. (Ex – Look out for a date on which Facebook account was created)
- Ask for Product Bill/Invoice is the important factor to know the Authenticity of the product or know that product isn’t a stolen one.
- Look out for Messages or Marketplace posts with poor spelling and grammar. You’ll know it’s fake when you see it.
- Don’t click or open suspicious links if the seller requests you to pay him by though the link he provided or insists you check out information about the product here.
- Do not “Pay in Advance” and pay the seller only after checking the product no matter how much he insists. A fraudster may tell you that the item is popular and ask you to place advance payment to secure your spot.
What to do if you spot a fake seller / or being scammed?
To report a seller on Facebook Marketplace, go to the Marketplace icon in the left-hand corner of your screen, find the listing you wish to report, and then click seller’s name. Follow the on-screen instructions after clicking the three-dot icon and selecting Report Seller. Here’s what Facebook say about how to avoid scam.
What things to know before selling?
- Fraudsters can also take advantage of sellers. In one popular technique, a buyer may pay the seller more than the specified amount for an item using counterfeit cash, then claim that they made a mistake and request a partial refund. The victim will repay the overage amount, but the original payment never reaches the sellers’ account, leaving the victim with the bill to pay while the seller gets away. Avoid over payments at any cost.
- Do Check out the buyer profile for Authentication – Look out for a date on which the Facebook account was created. If the Facebook account was created recently, do not deal with the buyer.
- Do not click or open suspicious links sent by the buyer. It might be a fraudster trying to trick you into emptying your bank account.
- Never meet a buyer in a private spot; always meet in a public place. Do not visit their home or allow them to enter yours. If you really must have anything delivered or picked up, such as furniture, do so with friends or relatives to ensure that you are not alone. Allowing a buyer or seller into your home immediately is not a good idea. Only meet during the daytime.
- PayPal advises against shipping an item or goods before receiving payment since they cannot guarantee the money.
Facebook Marketplace Q&A
Starting to sell your things on Facebook Marketplace is a significant step, so make sure you understand everything there is to know about the platform and how it works with your eCommerce provider.
Facebook Marketplace is an incredible platform with a lot to offer users. While using services carries some risk, many of these frauds are simple to prevent.