Latest News

How safe is the new Samsung Galaxy Note 8? 

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Samsung is being extra cautious with Galaxy Note 8 after last year’s massive recall of the Galaxy Note 7.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

We all know very well about what happened last year with Samsung as Galaxy Note 7 was making headlines for all the wrong reason. Samsung faced global heat over the battery vulnerability of its Galaxy Note 7 phablet. This time Samsung is being extra cautious of not repeating the blunder with its newly launched Galaxy Note 8.

Samsung said the Note 8’s battery underwent a series of safety checks. And to be extra sure, the company for the first time brought in a product safety consultant, Underwriters Laboratories, to do additional tests. Watchdog group Underwriters Labs announced that it’s been working with the Korean tech giant to ensure reliability for the Note 8’s power supply.

“We have been closely working with Samsung to make meaningful advancements in the science of smartphone quality and safety evaluation,” UL president Sajeev Jesudas said in a statement. As a result, the Note 8 has successfully completed a rigorous series of device and battery safety compatibility test protocols. We look forward to maintaining our strategic relationship with Samsung to help ensure device safety for all consumers.”

The group joined forces to conduct an independent review of the batteries for the Galaxy Note 8. In addition to that, Samsung has also put the Galaxy Note 8 through internal rigorous eight-point safety testing.

Samsung is pretty serious about the consumer’s safety has gone as far as ditching its long-time supplier ATL. It is now using batteries manufactured by Samsung SDI and Japanese Murata Manufacturing for the new Galaxy Note 8.

As per the Investor Report, Samsung SDI will be responsible for 80 percent of the battery production for the Galaxy Note 8, while Murata will make the remaining 20 percent.

Shashank is an experienced tech blogger. He has completed his Master in Business Administration but his heart lies in technology & Gadgets. He is basically Creative in Nature and his one of favorite thing is Capturing Nature closely whenever he gets the free time.

    Galaxy Note 7 owner can enjoy special Discount on new Galaxy Note 8

    Previous article

    MIUI 9 Global Beta ROM now rolling out for Second Batch of Devices

    Next article

    You may also like

    More in Latest News